How to get nail art nails when you're no good at nail art | KTMY

5 January 2015

How to get nail art nails when you're no good at nail art


Try as I might, I have never been any good at painting my nails. I've seen friends paint their nails amazingly, sometimes doing themed nails, but as soon as I try, I end up with streaky polish with more on the skin around the nail than what's actually on the nails. However, I have found a quick and easy way to get some funky (yes, I am using the word funky) looking nails



It all comes down to one product, Seventeen's Graffiti polish set. In the set, you get two polishes; a monochrome one (as pictured above) and then a blue glitter one which is great if you're going on a night out. As someone who is terrible at nails, this polish makes it look like you've actually put in a lot of effort with your nails when in reality you've spent about 5 minutes doing them. 

I was so excited to try these and was not disappointed. It's quite a strange polish to put on; unlike block colour, you just place the brush on the nail and then this graffiti effect appears. I've found it's best to put two layers on as you get a much better effect. I also recommend putting a top coat on because the polish feels ever so weird and rough without it. 

The only downside to this product is removing it because it is a bugger to get off. I don't know if there is an easier way to get it off but I normally use Boot's conditioner nail polish remover and cotton pads but it isn't very easy and just rips apart the cotton pad whilst it slowly comes off. 

Let me know in the comments below if you've tried this product, or similar ones, and if you have any tips on how to remove it! 

Katie xo
Absolutely loving Sia's version of You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile from the new Annie film

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I used to do so much nail art but it's just the time it takes that gets me! You can try soaking a cotton wool bud in nail varnish remover and then attaching it to your nail with foil which apparently works (I haven't tried it myself - I'd feel like C-3PO) but it would let the acetone in the nail varnish remover actually work!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's defiantly the time it takes which gets me and the fact that I have no patience. I might risk looking like C-3PO if it makes it easier to take off!
      Katie xo

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig